Charles River Community Health Waltham
Peter Koutoujian, Sr. Center for Primary Care
We at Mirepoix are proud to support the Peter Koutoujian Sr. Center for Primary Care with this full-page ad in the program book and we encourage others to join us in supporting the great work of Charles River Health!
In 2016, Charles River served more than 5,200 people at our Waltham location during more than 27,000 visits. Our waiting list for new patients averages from 80 to 100 patients per month. Fifty-nine percent of our patients require their services to be delivered in a language other than English and Our patient mix includes a higher percentage of people (42%) without health insurance than any other community health center in Massachusetts. Want to learn more Quick Facts about Charles River Community Health: state of the art delivered with heart? We need your support so we can move into our new Waltham site as planned this coming fall.
Better Access to Care Tailor-Designed Space in which to Provide It
The FIRST FLOOR will house our Peter Koutoujian, Sr. Center for Primary Care, including medical, dental, and behavioral health clinics, as well as a pharmacy. An expanded number of exam rooms and ample space for health education provided by nursing, nutrition, and family-planning staff ensure we provide comprehensive, integrated services aligning with the Patient Center Medical Home model of care. The first floor also features large windows on three sides of the space, bringing wonderful light into the patient waiting room, as well as clinical spaces, to promote a calming and healing environment.
SIXTEEN medical exam rooms will allow us to increase the number of medical patients we serve at the Waltham site by 70%, to 7,800 per year
THREE dedicated behavioral health counseling rooms will allow us to provide more than 5,700 visits per year, and more than double those served to 660 patients with depression, anxiety, substance use, and other disorders
FIVE dental exam rooms will allow us to serve 2,400 patients a year in need of dental care
The LOWER LEVEL will house non-clinical services to address social determinants of health, including health insurance enrollment, and our community health department – which distributes donated car seats, bike helmets, clothing, toiletries, and other items to patients in need, and connects patients with community services like food, legal, and housing assistance.
- A 600 square-foot community conference room will be available for:
- Meetings and classes run by CRCH and other nonprofits and community groups
- Medical and behavioral health group visits for patients
- MassHealth (Medicaid) and Connector insurance enrollment fairs open to all in the community
- A dedicated health insurance enrollment office will allow more than 2,000 patients and community members a year to obtain enrollment assistance from our certified application counselors
- A dedicated IT closet will allow sufficient space for infrastructure to support our Electronic Health and Dental Record systems, and analytics needed for CRCH to successfully transition to an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) model of care for our MassHealth patients